You are hereYou are here > Recipes › Spicy Chorizo and Tomato Frittata
Spicy Chorizo and Tomato Frittata
It's cold out there! Warm up with Chef Lynn Crawford's Spicy Frittata!
3/4 cup (175 mL) 35% cream
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper, finely diced
2 chorizo sausage, casings removed
1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup (125 mL) Pepper Jack cheese, grated
1/8 cup (30 mL) parsley leaves
1/8 cup (30 mL) cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic, onion, peppers and chorizo. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion and peppers are soft and the chorizo is completely cooked through.
- Add the eggs and tomatoes and stir together.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and place in the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes until egg has set and cheese has melted. Top with parsley and cilantro leaves.