You are hereYou are here > Our Story
When you’re working with something as naturally perfect as a BC egg, it’s important that you don’t do anything to mess with that perfection.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t be innovative when it comes to tackling the challenges and opportunities that the egg industry faces.
We're getting British Columbians to think about why BC eggs matter to their communities.
We’ve been working towards improving business analytics to bring breeders, egg producers, graders and marketers closer together, with the kind of real-time information they all need to be the best at what they do.
A cohesive and sustainable growing BC egg industry that meets the needs of consumers while being socially and environmentally responsible.
To engage stakeholders to meet the demands of the marketplace:
- Making principle based decisions according to SAFETI guidelines
- Building trust through transparency
- Providing high value support to members, helping them thrive in the face of change
- Continuing to build our social license and raising the standards on health, safety and sustainability
As leaders in the Industry, the BC Egg Marketing Board and staff are committed to the sustainability of our industry and our stakeholders by
- Being accountable and taking responsibility for the work that we do
- Doing all things with excellence by giving our best at all times
- Having respectful & caring relationships by minding how we address our staff, consumers and farmers alike
- Being transparent in everything that we do and sharing our information appropriately, with pride